Food Aficionado

Beantown, Massachusetts, United States
Food is just wonderful! Sharing with others is even better!

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Xinh Xinh---first bowl of Bun Rieu





Xinh Xinh Restaurant, 7 Beach St, Boston 02111
(Btwn Knapp & Washington St) Phone: 617-422-0501

My Chinese Vietnamese friends have raved about Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Noodle Soup) to me from Xinh Xinh that could rival their own parent's version. I tried it for the first time and loved it! I have to go back to try the other noodle soups and food. I usually am found eating at Dong Khanh so I needed to explore beyond my usual favorites thanks to my friend MPK and TK.

It was my first time having BUN RIEU so I have no frame of comparison or reference. But I enjoyed it alot! I always like putting in the fresh basil, lime juice and bean sprouts (that you can add to your broth). There was alot of onions and scallions as garnish. Though it had one red pepper, it was not so spicy I could not finish the whole bowl! I love the fish paste, tomatoes, fried onions, bun (noodles), egg, tofu and other great stuff in this soup. Plus a good bowl of noodle soup for under $10 for dinner is always a steal!
9 forks out of 10 forks (for the bun rieu).

No comments:

Labels

Postings History

Food Glorious Food

  • Book-Fierce Foods
  • Book-Kitchen Confidential
  • Drama-Dae Jang Geum (KR)
  • Magazine-Cooking Light
  • Magazine-Food and Wine
  • Magazine-Gourmet
  • Movie-Eat Drink Man Woman (TW)
  • Movie-Like Water For Chocolate (MX)
  • Movie-Magic Kitchen (HK)
  • TV Station-Food Network
  • TV-Iron Chef (JP)
  • TV-Top Chef (US-Bravo)

Eating establishments visited-diners, restaurants, chains etc

  • Cha Fahn
  • Teaism (DC)
  • Brother (SF)
  • Fatburger (Vegas)
  • In'N'Out (CA, Vegas)
  • Matsuhisa (LA)
  • Duk Boa
  • Rod Dee
  • Victorias Seafood
  • Best Little Restaurant
  • Wagamamas (UK, Boston)
  • Soul Fire
  • Color
  • Yasu
  • Helmand
  • May's Cafe
  • Zaftigs
  • Uni
  • Toro
  • Dante
  • Anh Hong
  • Pasion (Philly)
  • Morimoto (Philly)
  • Momofuku (NYC)
  • Penang
  • Dang Khanh
  • Chau Chow City
  • China Pearl
  • South Street Diner
  • The Family Restaurant
  • Zen 320
  • Minado
  • Oishii
  • Fugakyu
  • Pomodoro