Food Aficionado

Beantown, Massachusetts, United States
Food is just wonderful! Sharing with others is even better!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Omelette Parlor---a Santa Monica Breakfast institution






2732 Main St,Santa Monica, CA 90405
(Ocean Park)
(310) 399-7892

My last lunch during my recent trip to Los Angeles was with a friend SChan whom I had not seen in 4 years! We had met via a mutual friend in Texas while I was at a leadershop retreat thanks to a friend JLee (He is a people connector and all around funny/intelligent guy! )

We opted to check out a local breakfast institution known for their omelettes. We had to wait a bit for at least 20 minutes and the place was packed. Our server Nori was very efficient, friendly and helpful. For my friend, when she was deciding over the pasta salad or side salad as a choice she got the pasta salad. (She found it with too much mayo and not so tasty. The Tuna sandwich was delectable but no oomph at all with the pasta salad.). When my friend complained, Nori was willing to change it but he also suggested hot sauce for it. (Did not help the pasta salad much.). I enjoyed my create your own omelette which I had avocado, spinach, onion, mushroom, pepperjack cheese along with some home fries, wheat nut english muffin (very delicious and I loved the nut in it) and two pieces of fresh fruit. Now I can see why their omelettes are divine---fluffy and beautiful made to perfection!
8 forks out of 10 forks
( for my omelette I would give 9 forks)
Overall good experience--nice atmosphere, good server and good food

No comments:

Labels

Postings History

Food Glorious Food

  • Book-Fierce Foods
  • Book-Kitchen Confidential
  • Drama-Dae Jang Geum (KR)
  • Magazine-Cooking Light
  • Magazine-Food and Wine
  • Magazine-Gourmet
  • Movie-Eat Drink Man Woman (TW)
  • Movie-Like Water For Chocolate (MX)
  • Movie-Magic Kitchen (HK)
  • TV Station-Food Network
  • TV-Iron Chef (JP)
  • TV-Top Chef (US-Bravo)

Eating establishments visited-diners, restaurants, chains etc

  • Cha Fahn
  • Teaism (DC)
  • Brother (SF)
  • Fatburger (Vegas)
  • In'N'Out (CA, Vegas)
  • Matsuhisa (LA)
  • Duk Boa
  • Rod Dee
  • Victorias Seafood
  • Best Little Restaurant
  • Wagamamas (UK, Boston)
  • Soul Fire
  • Color
  • Yasu
  • Helmand
  • May's Cafe
  • Zaftigs
  • Uni
  • Toro
  • Dante
  • Anh Hong
  • Pasion (Philly)
  • Morimoto (Philly)
  • Momofuku (NYC)
  • Penang
  • Dang Khanh
  • Chau Chow City
  • China Pearl
  • South Street Diner
  • The Family Restaurant
  • Zen 320
  • Minado
  • Oishii
  • Fugakyu
  • Pomodoro