Food Aficionado

Beantown, Massachusetts, United States
Food is just wonderful! Sharing with others is even better!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Little Italy in NORTHEND----Cafe Victoria, Fiorentine and Gelateria














After some plans changed alot, I ended up meeting Ben and Lesl V for dinner. Before meeting up, I had a iced cappacino at Cafe Victoria. I love this Cafe that has been in the North End for a long time.

Plus the prices are inexpensive, atmosphere nice (depending on the newer side or older side) and the service, you can sit and enjoy your drink. Just have to flag down the server when you want to pay and leave. Just cash only and their pastries are far superior than the well known neighbor a few doors down "Mikes Pastries".

Hit Fiorentine with Lesl and Ben and after waiting a good half hour for a table on a busy Saturday night, we are seated in the basement. We immediately dive into the bread because we are so hungry. I get the $30 lobster tail, Chilean sea bass, clams, red sauce with spinach entree. We do share the fried calamari which was great! Ben got the rack of lamb and that was good. Lesl was just fixated on wanting to see me finish my meal and eat the lobster. Never having had grilled lobster before, the shell was brittle. I did not have an apron but it was not hard to eat overall.

I thought the service, atmosphere and food were great. What I got was a great deal! Tons of seafood and great value! I give this place 9 out of 10 forks.

I need a gelato fix and I have been wondering how the Napoli style gelato place Gelateria just up the street is (two doors away from Cafe Victoria). I read about them last year. After coming back from Italy last year, I have been in search of a good gelato place. (Athans serves some good stuff for a good price). For a pricey $4.50 I did get a big portion of two flavors of gelato tiramisu and pistachio. But all I could taste was sugar. The decor was cool and hip. Once you sit at the table in the back, you are enveloped in some very strong AC.

4 forks out of 10 forks-Gelateria (on Hanover Street)

No comments:

Labels

Postings History

Food Glorious Food

  • Book-Fierce Foods
  • Book-Kitchen Confidential
  • Drama-Dae Jang Geum (KR)
  • Magazine-Cooking Light
  • Magazine-Food and Wine
  • Magazine-Gourmet
  • Movie-Eat Drink Man Woman (TW)
  • Movie-Like Water For Chocolate (MX)
  • Movie-Magic Kitchen (HK)
  • TV Station-Food Network
  • TV-Iron Chef (JP)
  • TV-Top Chef (US-Bravo)

Eating establishments visited-diners, restaurants, chains etc

  • Cha Fahn
  • Teaism (DC)
  • Brother (SF)
  • Fatburger (Vegas)
  • In'N'Out (CA, Vegas)
  • Matsuhisa (LA)
  • Duk Boa
  • Rod Dee
  • Victorias Seafood
  • Best Little Restaurant
  • Wagamamas (UK, Boston)
  • Soul Fire
  • Color
  • Yasu
  • Helmand
  • May's Cafe
  • Zaftigs
  • Uni
  • Toro
  • Dante
  • Anh Hong
  • Pasion (Philly)
  • Morimoto (Philly)
  • Momofuku (NYC)
  • Penang
  • Dang Khanh
  • Chau Chow City
  • China Pearl
  • South Street Diner
  • The Family Restaurant
  • Zen 320
  • Minado
  • Oishii
  • Fugakyu
  • Pomodoro